Tuesday, October 12, 2010

 Rehab Update

Been very busy with work and travel, hence the lack of updates. Good news is, besides being busy, my overall health has been great! With a trip to Paris and Stockholm that was fun, but involved a ton of walking, as well as long days at work, plus trying to be consistent with exercise for rehabbing, I was pretty concerned I was going to either overdo it, or in other extreme, not be rehabbing effectively. Seems like things are on track for the middle path, where strength and energy levels are returning, even faster than I was expecting.
Besides the Bataan Tourist March I felt like I was on overseas (which was good, since I got to see a ton of great stuff) swimming has been about 4 times a week, at least 20-25 laps each time. HR has been at 120-130 peak during the swims, and it hasn't been the repaired heart slowing me down as much as the muscles in my arms and chest and especially my shoulders. I'd like to add more laps, but have been finding the muscles don't really want to cooperate at about lap 26 or so.
Honestly, the biggest part of my rehab so far has been my back and shoulders, rather than the chest and heart. So energy-wise I feel about 80 plus percent most days. Strength and muscle-wise I'm still pushing about 60 percent. But that's why they call it rehab, isn't it?


No comments:

Post a Comment