Tuesday, October 12, 2010

 Breakfast smoothie!

Anyone who knows me well enough, knows I'm a junkie for smoothies; Jamba Juice, Surf City, you name it, I'm down with the smoothies. Problem is, the ones you get at those places are high in calories, and the fruit they use is sometimes more "fruit" than fruit. Add to that the base for the smoothies isn't always low fat milk or anything like that (or if it is, it's hormone/antibiotic/rGBH laden crap). Not sure what it is, but I suspect there's got to be some MSG in it since it's so damn delicious.
So, I decided it was time to start making my own. Weight has been stable at 193 lbs/ 87.5 kilo the breakfast smoothie was a success: some ice (for that smoothie consistency), a scoop of non rGBH vanilla ice-cream (for delicious), a banana, and some protein powder with omega-3's and some whey and whatnot. Came out pretty tasty and kept me fuller for longer than I thought.
Just thought I'd try to get a healthier, cheaper version of something you don't *have* to get at the store.






It's green from the protein powder. Has some greens in the mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment