Sunday, March 20, 2011

 Protime update

Just had my most recent protime done last week, and scored a 2.6, which is pretty much where the docs want me with the On-X. Originally my surgeon was aiming for a range between a 2.0-2.5 (people who aren't on anti-coagulants are usually around a 1.0-ish) although I'm happy with being around a 2.5-30. No clotting events for me thanks! Staying steady on the coumadin dose, and my diet and supplements etc, are pretty consistent, so hopefully not too many more swings in the protime levels. 6 week checks at this time.
I would love to have a home tester, but technically I don't meet all the criteria for home testing so the insurance won't cover it. Saving my pennies, as you can buy anything off of ebay, and the additional readings will give me a little more peace of mind. As other coumadin patients have told me, I dose the diet, not diet based of the dose.

No comments:

Post a Comment