Friday, September 24, 2010

 Rehab update....

Well, so far, so good. Have been rehabbing per doctors orders, with swimming every second day, with an increase of 5 laps each time. Had a break of a week and a half, which was due to travel, but even then I was walking pretty much every day, all day, as I was playing the tourist (Paris and Stockholm are very pedestrian friendly cities) so, while not the same as swimming, I was pretty happy with how I held up, given the number of miles that were walked as well as suffering the cramped economy class (6'3" or approx 190cm doesn't make for the most comfortable of trips in those seats, at this stage of post-op) at various portions of the trip.
Happy with my weight too; when we travel, a lot of us, myself included, may tend to eat more, and eat more of the wrong foods. Luckily a) there was tons of walking, and b) the portion sizes in Europe are far smaller than in the US, so an entree/main course + dessert + glass of wine, doesn't destroy your calorie/kcal count for the day. Still I put on almost 1.5-2 lbs (almost 1 kg) which was a little disappointing, although not unexpected. Body fat is still around 19-20% so that hasn't changed much, and hopefully once the rehab gets into full swing, I'll start to put some muscle back on. 
Anyway, off to the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment